THE BELIEF OF CHRIST THE KING LUTHERAN CHURCH
Our aim and purpose as God’s people is to bring more people into the fellowship of Jesus Christ by faith through the Gospel, that they may better understand God’s purpose for their life here on earth and the Life to come. To accomplish this, Christ the King Lutheran Church of Cody has a strong program of Christian Education centered in the Bible.
BUILDING CHRIST THE KING
Attempts were made as early as 1947 to establish a Lutheran Church of the Missouri Synod in Cody.
During the summer of 1960, the Rev. E. Priess accepted the call and on August 29, 1960 was installed by the Northern Nebraska District as Missionary at large in Cody, Wyoming. The congregation was officially organized on March 26, 1961. This newly formed group chose Christ the King Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod as its name.
On July 2, 1961, the District LWML presented a check to the mission as first payment of the two year project to be used for a new church building. The first service in the new building was held on February 18, 1962. On April 8th, the cornerstone was laid.